1-541-345-3333 info@oregonattorney.com

Eugene Car Accident Attorneys

Too often people are injured in car accidents. Whether you are the at-fault party or just in the wrong place at the wrong time the ramifications of these accidents are confusing and difficult to traverse. Should you find yourself injured in a car accident hiring the top accident attorney Eugene has to offer is crucial to navigating your case. In this article we have answered some of the most commonly asked questions concerning car accidents and the claim process.

What do I do after I’m in a car accident?

After the accident you must report it to your insurance company in order for the claim process to begin. Immediately after the accident seek medical attention. Even if you feel that your injuries are not serious it is crucial that you go to a medical doctor. The doctor will record the injuries you have sustained in your medical file and can later be used in your case as proof of your injuries and the suffering you endured as a result of the accident. Be sure that you notify your doctor of all of your symptoms, no matter how small, and include any confusion, dizziness or memory problems as these may be signs of a concussion. Your personal injury attorney in Eugene can use the records of your injury taken by the doctor as evidence in your case.

What happens if the other driver is responsible for the accident but does not have auto insurance?

If the other driver was at fault and does not have auto insurance you will need to use the PIP insurance from you provider. PIP, or Personal Injury Protection insurance covers up to $15,000 for medical expense as a result of the accident. You may also use your UIM insurance. UIM insurance, or underinsured/uninsured motorist insurance covers up to $25,000 and will also be able to aide you in this situation. UIM insurance is specifically designed to cover accidents caused by uninsured or underinsured motorists. You also have the ability to file a claim against the uninsured party in order to seek compensation. You have several options should you be hit by an uninsured motorist and, at Veralrud and Fowler we highly recommend hiring a Eugene accident attorney to aid you in this process. We can provide you with the best accident attorney Eugene has to offer.

What if I do not have car insurance and the accident was my fault?

Should you be at fault for the accident and you do not have car insurance the other driver has the ability to file a claim against you for any damages they receive. You would have to pay out of pocket and possibly loose some of your assets to cover the loss that the other driver sustained. Should you find yourself in this position we highly recommend hiring an auto accident attorney in Eugene to represent you. At Veralrud and Fowler we can provide you with the top accident attorney that Eugene has to offer.

If I let someone else drive my car and they were injured in an accident does my insurance cover them?

The answer is yes, they are covered under your car insurance policy. Your PIP insurance will pay for their medical costs. Your UIM insurance will cover their expenses should the other driver be at fault as well as uninsured.

If you were in a car accident that has resulted in your personal injury it is important that you hire the most qualified personal injury attorney Eugene has to offer. At Veralrud and Fowler we will work vigorously to ensure that you are fairly and justly represented. It is the mission of our accident attorneys in Eugene to take the confusion out of the process and bring you fair compensation.

Related Topics:  Meet Our Attorneys Read Our Reviews

Give Us a Call at 541-345-3333 for a Free Consultation About Your Case or Send Us an Email Below

975 Oak Street, Suite 798

Eugene, OR 97401

Phone  (541) 345-3333
Fax  (541) 342-1908

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)


Your Message