skip to Main Content

Eugene, Oregon Accident Attorney – Slip and Fall FAQ

Were you the victim of a slip and fall and don’t know what steps to take? If so, your first step should be to consult with a qualified Eugene personal injury attorney. Having competent legal representation on your side will ensure that you receive the compensation you are due. At Veralrud and Fowler we are well versed in the laws surrounding premise liability law or slip and fall law. We will gladly take on your case and fight relentlessly on your behalf. We are often asked some of the same questions by our clients. Below we have sought to answer these frequently asked questions.

What do I need to prove in order to win my liability case in a Eugene court of law?

In order to win your slip and fall claim you must first prove that the property owner was negligent. A property owner is only liable for your injuries if they were negligent in keeping their property safe. Negligence is failing to provide a reasonable amount of care to their property. This could be not making reasonable repairs to their property or ignoring a spill that eventually causes someone to fall and injure themselves. If the owner had knowledge of either of these situations and failed to act in a reasonable manner and amount of time they can be held liable for your injuries.

How long do I have to file my premise liability claim in Oregon?

You have two years from the time of your injury to file your claim. If the injury doesn’t present itself right away you have up to five years from the date of the incident to file your claim. Hiring a Eugene personal injury lawyer to aid you in this process is highly recommended. They will be able to ensure that you meet your filing deadlines.

What are the most common causes of slip and fall injuries in Oregon?

There are several common causes of slip and fall injuries in Oregon:

Uneven Surfaces – potholes, cracked sidewalks, faulty stairs, or loose and worn carpeting.

Slick or Wet Surfaces – recently mopped or polished flooring, or spills.

Ice and Snow

What are the most common places that slip and falls occur?

Slip and falls often occur in stores such as retail shops or grocery stores, parking lots, office building, restaurants, sidewalks and even homes. No matter where your slip and fall occurred it is wise to hire a personal injury attorney in Eugene to take on your case.

What can I be compensated for in my slip and fall claim?

There are several areas that you can be compensated for:

Medicals bills relating to your injury both past and future.

Lost wages

Lost earning capacity – this often occurs when someone suffers long term side effects from their injury that interfere with the ability for them to do their job.

Pain and suffering – in the eyes of the law you have the right to be compensated for all the pain that you have endured.

The personal injury attorney in Eugene working your case will ensure that you are compensated in all these areas that apply to your unique case.

Premise liability claims can be extremely difficult to traverse without a qualified Eugene personal injury attorney on your side. At Veralrud and Fowler we are well versed in all aspects of premise liability law and would be honored to go to work for you. There is no reason for you to walk this road alone; we will gladly guide you through the claims process. Call Verlarud and Fowler today and gain an advocate in your case.

Related Topics:  How to Hire the Best personal Injury Attorney Personal Injury Claims

Give Us a Call at 541-345-3333 for a Free Consultation About Your Case or Send Us an Email Below

975 Oak Street, Suite 798

Eugene, OR 97401

Phone  (541) 345-3333
Fax  (541) 342-1908

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)


    Your Message

    Back To Top