skip to Main Content

Eugene Oregon Construction Accident FAQ Pt. 2

Were you injured while working your construction job? If so, it’s crucial that you hire the most qualified personal injury lawyer Eugene Oregon has to offer. At Veralrud and Fowler we firmly believe that you have the right to be compensated for all that you have suffered and we will fight to see it done. Our lawyers have the knowledge and experience necessary to successfully handle your defective products lawsuit. Over the years we have been asked many of the same questions from varying clients. Below we have sought to answer these frequently asked questions.

I was injured while working on site at my construction job; what are the steps I need to take?

If you were injured while working on site at your construction job consult with a Eugene personal injury lawyer right away. Your case is unique and requires the aid of a qualified attorney. The circumstances surrounding your accident will need to be investigated and the extent of you injury documented. Your lawyer will then be responsible for making the case for your defective product lawsuit.

What is Worker’s Compensation and what will they compensate me for?

Worker’s Compensation is a type of insurance designed to protect workers who are injured on the job. Should you accept worker’s compensation benefits you do give up the right to sue your employer. Under worker’s compensation you can receive:

Compensation for your medical costs:

  • 2/3 of your weekly wages while you are injured
  • Disability benefits if applicable
  • Death benefits if applicable.

Hiring a Eugene personal injury attorney to be your advocate while during this process is highly recommended. At Veralrud and Fowler we would be honored to represent you.

My injuries were the result of my employer’s negligence; will I be able to receive compensation in addition to workman’s compensation benefits?

The answer is no, you will not be able to sue your employer if you are receiving workman’s compensation. However, if a third party was involved in your injury you have the right to seek compensation from them in the form of a lawsuit. Third parties include another business on site or another employee. These third parties would have to be responsible to some extent for your injury. Hiring the most experienced personal injury lawyer Eugene Oregon has to offer is the first step you need to take in this process. At Veralrud and Fowler we have the experience and knowledge necessary to win your case.

What are the most common accidents that occur on construction sites?

The most common accidents that result in injuries on construction sites include:

  • Falls
  • Being hit by large objects
  • Electrocution
  • Accidents with tools and machinery

Construction accidents can result in grave injury and requires the aid of the most qualified personal injury lawyer Eugene Oregon can provide. At Veralrud and Fowler we will review the unique facts of your case and begin relentlessly fighting to gain the compensation you deserve. We work on a contingent basis which means we are only paid if you are. This is already a difficult time in your life; there is no need for it to be made more difficult by facing the legal system alone. Call Veralrud and Fowler today and receive the legal representation you deserve.

Related Topics: Construction Accident Info – Personal Injury Info – Choosing A Personal Injury Attorney

Give Us a Call at 541-345-3333 for a Free Consultation About Your Case or Send Us an Email Below

975 Oak Street, Suite 798

Eugene, OR 97401

Phone  (541) 345-3333
Fax  (541) 342-1908

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)


    Your Message

    Back To Top